SuSE 6.1 and Audio CDs

Hello.  I'm running SuSE 6.1 with a Toshiba 8X CDROM and a Soundblaster 16 sound card.  I'm having a bit of trouble playing audio CDs.  It looks as though the sound card module is loading fine at boot up.  I'm able to get .wav and .au sound files to play fine.  But, I have about a 50-50 chance of being able to hear an audio CD.  Sometimes it works okay, sometimes I don't hear anything.

I've been running KDE.  I've been trying to run Xmcd and the KDE cd player.  RIght now, the current permissions I have on /dev/hdc are br_xr_xr_x and the permissions I have on /dev/cdrom are lrwxrwxrwx.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm not at all sure what is the matter.

Sean Chisek
riviera@famvid.com