Re: Processor Utilization

cloudmaster said:
> Steven Pritchard wrote:
> >  11:59am  up 14 days,  2:24,  3 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.33, 0.64
>
> Why is there no seti/rc5/mersainne running in this example? :)

I have a hard enough time keeping this machine at a reasonable
temperature when it is idle, much less when the CPU is going at 100%.

Here, is this better?

  5:15pm  up 22 days, 13:57,  6 users,  load average: 2.08, 2.04, 2.00

(Gotta love SMP.)

Part of the reason I have such a problem with heat is that the room my
computers is in just gets really hot at certain times during the day.
I think part of it is that I'm running the hottest K6 ever made.  :-/
The rest I blame on crappy cases without enough airflow.

Part of my goal with my new computer that I'm going to start building
in a couple of weeks will be to be able to run rc5des on the thing
without it overheating, without any special cooling arrangements
outside the case.

BTW, I'd love to hear how others are handling heat problems (assuming
I'm not the only one having them).

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month