Re: Processor Utilization

At 17:19 7/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Part of the reason I have such a problem with heat is that the room my
>computers is in just gets really hot at certain times during the day.
>I think part of it is that I'm running the hottest K6 ever made.  :-/
>The rest I blame on crappy cases without enough airflow.
>
>Part of my goal with my new computer that I'm going to start building
>in a couple of weeks will be to be able to run rc5des on the thing
>without it overheating, without any special cooling arrangements
>outside the case.
>
>BTW, I'd love to hear how others are handling heat problems (assuming
>I'm not the only one having them).
>
>Steve
I'm running on a K6-2 350 and had major heat problems. I have a full tower
case but i didn't have any fans in it cept for the power supply fan.  I got
2 fans in it now one is a regular type case fan i have mounted in the upper
portion of the case. The other is a slot fan. the slot fan works real well
if you have room for it. where mine is situated it pulls even more air
across the CPU. The heat alarm hasn't gone off since i put them in and my
3dfx card hasn't overheated and locked the system since. I got both of them
off of ebay for $5 bux each. even bought a spare set for the next PC i build.

BTW, Hi every one i know, Jeff, Kara, Steve. And Hi to you guys i haven't
met yet.

Leon Jackson