RE: nope...

What you set it to should be irrelevant. Whether you use /dev/null,
/bin/false, or /usr/bin/passwd. However, The /etc/shells password setting
is a good point.

(BTW, we've been setting non-shell accounts to /usr/bin/passwd for YEARS
:P It's a very creative way to make use of that non-shell account :) )

Kara Pritchard
Linux Users of Central Illinois
(217)698-1694
kara@luci.org