Re: hardware pages

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, John Corey wrote:
> cloudmaster wrote:
> >
> > Is there a site somewhere that has a list of hardware, linux compatiblity
> > reports + reviews, and maybe performance ratings?  I know I saw a site not
> > long ago with a yellow and white theme (black text, IIRC) with user
> > discussions + reports on specific hardware's compatiblity, but I'll be
> > darned if I can find it again.  Stupid "I forgot to use roaming access on
> > someone else's machine when I was brosing" guy... :)
>
> I seem to recall a post in comp.os.linux.announce recently that said a
> couple hardware web sites were merging, you might look around there.

Tha would be http://lhd.datapower.com and http://www.comphardware.com -
datapower got the database control and comphardware got the reviews.  I
found teh site I was looking for though (always happens about 5 minutes
after I post).  It's not as cool as I remember it, but still fairly good:
http://www.linuxhardware.net/.  http://www.searchlinux.com/ looks reasonable
as well.  It's amazing how many reasonable sites are actually out there...
I still don't have blazing fast video or know how to make a /dev/dac device
file, which is what I wanted in the first place. :(

--Danny