Re: slocate

DMW said:
> Yeah, I use the locate command a lot and figured it was tied to
> slocate.  The thing with slocate running is, it seems to not run when my
> machine is on power management.

If the machine is in standby (shut down, basically), the script can't
run.

First, I'd recommend making the thing run just once a week, unless you
*really* need to know where you left a file yesterday and can't use
find.

Second, put a "nice -20" in front of the script (either in
/etc/crontab or /etc/cron.daily/*).  That way when it does run it
won't interfere with anything.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month