Re: hosts.allow

Hey, that man page, explains quite a bit. I have one last question, which
seems to be covered in the man page, but doesnt seem to really work in
production. The third field seems reserved for a shell command, but the
only example they give includes parenthesis. Are these necessary? Would
the following not work?

/etc/hosts.deny

in.telnetd : ALL : /bin/echo "test" | /bin/mail -s "test" root

With this in place, the telnet daemon is not accessible, however the mail
never reaches its destination.  From the command prompt, this same context
works just fine. Is there something i am missing from my statement within
host.deny?

C J Menzes
Systems Engineer
Lunar Media Inc.