Re: Live CD

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, John Corey wrote:

> Is there anything to rip the boot disk from a bootable CDROM?  Is it
> something simple, like just taking the first 1.44 or 2.88mb with dd?
> But then, how to know which size a CD uses?

If the bootable cd was made from the image created by 'mkisofs' the
boot image is entered as on of the options.  In my case,

#mkisofs -R -o cdimage.raw $SRC -d boot.catalog -b boot.image

boot.image is the name of the boot image.  I created the boot image
by taking a bootable floppy and

#dd if=/dev/fd0 of=$SRC/boot.image bs=1024 count=1440

Mark