Re: /dev/ram

For one thing, it looks like you made/overwrote /dev/ram, /dev/ram0's not
necessarily working for you either (it's a symlink on my system to
/dev/ram0, just like /dev/ramdisk).

Try looking into man ramsize, that might be marginally helpful...  I'm not
coming up with anything useful about ramdisks so far, but ramsize has
something to do with the initial ramdisk size upon booting or something.
it apparently fills in teh value for the initial ramdisk if there's no
ramdisk parameter in lilo.conf.  I came across something that claimed the
ramdisk had been changed to dynamically grow or shrink - but it was talking
about 1.3 kernels so take that as you may... :)  If its dynamic, that may
possibly help with worrying about multiples, eh?

--Danny, who wants to know why there are more than one too