Re: Modem as answering machine.

Mark Blunier wrote:

> Lightning got my answering machine, so I thought I'd upgrade
> to a 56k modem with voice capability.  Does anyone know of
> what modems will work with vgetty?  The vgetty docs seem
> to be a bit sparce.  Also, I'd like it to have it work as
> a fax.

I used to run my cheapo Zoom 56k from Best Buy with vgetty.  It did
quite well for a while.  I didn't try anything more than the voice
stuff.  vgetty said it can detect any of fax/modem/voice though.

Then one day it decided it no longer wanted to work, and I lost the
energy to track down what went wrong.  It was probably just somethin
with my system.  It might work for ya too.