Re: 2.3.13

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Cloudmaster said:
> > Damn it, why can I never get a development kernel to compile? :)  Anyway,
> > does anyone know what this error corresponds to and what to disable / how to
> > fix it so it goes away?  Surely it's not something like procfs or IDE
> > support because those are important...
>
> It almost looks like there was a failure further back.
>
> Don't feel too bad if you can't get 2.3.13 to compile...  I had a lot
> of trouble with it too.  14 is already out...

Yeah, something died, but I can't remember what ti was.  I didn't make any
association between it and proc or IDE, so I figured it was irrelevent. :)
That's a kinda big patch, isnt' it?

Hey, you know what'd be neat is if our friends at luci.org would set up an
rsync server keeping an unzipped version of the kernel sources, or maybe
just a file called kernel2.3.tar and kernel 2.2.tar that was the current
kernel source so people could use that instead of building up a horrendous
pile of kernel patches 'n stuff...  I guess that'd work, wouldn't it?  Would
that be at all beneficial?  I would think so, but then I'm stupid sometimes.
:)

--danny, who's grown very fond of rsync