Network Slowdown

    It appears that my limited experience with Linux is showing again. I
am experiencing several network slow-downs that I suspect are related to
massive retries from an ethernet card *somewhere* in the network. But
since these slow-downs occurr (seemingly) at random, I attempted to
install a packet sniffer to give me a little better picture of where to
concentrate my efforts. However, the sniffers I have require
ls-linux.so.2 and libc.so.6 of which I have neither anywhere here. I am
running Caldera 1.3 (Kernel 2.0.33). I either need to locate the files
that I need to install the sniffers that I have, or to be pointed to
some sniffers that will work with what I currently have. I would like to
upgrade to 2.2.x sometime in the future, but dont have the
time/experience to do that right now (hafta try that on my home network
first to get comfortable with it - Besides dont have a CD with a 2.2.x
kernel). Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.. Mike