Re: Linux Demo Day UPDATE

> I can bring my system; it's nothing special except as a good thing to
> hang cool stuff off of.  I can attach the keyboard, my Palm, and
> Tami's digital camera, and perhaps work up some demo for them
> (although we should be careful who gets to handle these).  I also have
> one of those digital displays that run off LCDproc.

If you can get the case on it ;) I'd like us to have a pretty table :P
besides, with all the kids running around at the store, we don't want any
electricutions. Not to pick on Jeff, or anyone else who (like me & steven)
run our machines without cases, this is really an eyecandy show. That
means *fast* machines, and *lots* of ram. Showing how fast Linux is on an
older machine isn't a bad idea though.. hmn...  I'd like
to know who is offering to bring in what by this weekend, so we can pick
the "cream of the crop". It's prejudice, I know ;) but we only have 2
tables, and very little floor space. We'll be in the main aisle in front
of the "featured software of the week" where everyone who walks in must
pass. Therefore, we need to keep things neat, and don't leave easily
stealable items in plain reach. Just keep that in mind ;) Probably better
if each of us keeps track of just one small item, and not stick just one
guy with having to keep track of all his stuff ;)

> I also have WP and Applix, and could likely get StarOffice, KOffice,
> and the GNOME office stuff going.  Perhaps a demo of "Netscape 5,
> early alpha" (Mozilla M9) would be cool as well.

Very cool

> If anyone's interested, I could possibly have a Sparc IPC going by
> then.

Group might be interested, but I don't think this'll be appropriate for
this particular show. Next LUG meeting perhaps?