Re: Linux Demo Day UPDATE

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 09:45:15AM -0500, Kara Pritchard wrote:

> > Gimp
> > Netscape
> > Applix, StarOffice (prefered in my opinion) or Wordperfect
> >
> > and.....?
> >
> VMware, IE, dosemu/wine, Quake, something with video...

As far as video is concerned, you can aslo demo a TV tuner/video capture
card..  I have a Bt848a card I use for video->avi->mpeg capturing primarily,
but it can be used to watch TV or be used to hook up a device for a webcam.

People like webcams, or something. :-)

Also, as far as the enduser is concerned, showing off the usage of a scanner
and putting images into documents would be something the creative types would
be in to.

xscanimage from the SANE package is a pretty awsome interface for scanners.  I
have a SCSI UMAX Vista S8 I can bring in.

-M

--
Damacus		| damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net ** damacus@statiknet.org
New as of 6/14	| PGP: http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc