RE: Meeting Agendas and Organization

I disagree with your first paragraph here. I think we have enough
people between you, Steve, Jeff, and I to give a variety of talks
on numerous topics, and at this point a call for participation is not
necessary in my opinion. However, it seems like the only thing that
were constantly missing is feedback from the general membership,
and this is something we need to address. In any event, I think that
LUCI is going to be entering a stage where a higher level of
organization is going to be more necessary if we are going to attain
any type of goal at all (as to what that goal should be is still up for
debate, and IMO should be better defined).

Also, since when does negative == disinterested? I don't believe
that I said he was disinterested, on the contrary he was very
interested in coming to the meetings. I do not want to get into
specifics over his negative comments since I don't believe that
doing so will help us solve anything, but I would like us to consider
creating more direction for the group.

As far as what people want to achieve, I can probably answer with
some certainty that they probably don't know, and I think it's up
to us (the more experienced Linux users) to help them discover
what this operating system can do for them. Also, I think that
we need to come up with creative solutions for getting the
information that we need back from the membership without
putting them on the spot like we have so many times in the past.
Perhaps instead of asking people at the meetings to tell us
what they want or are interested in (which sometimes doesn't
seem to accomplish what we want) we should pass around 3x5
note cards and pencils and ask them to write down what they
want for topics.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if things haven't worked
out the way you wanted in the past then maybe a new approach
will have more effect. Just something to think about.

Well, gotta go watch Futurama.

Jason