RE: Meeting Agendas and Organization

I've stayed away from UIS and Lincoln Land because they are
a bit out of town and kind of a pain to get to, but aside from the
museum I agree with you that this is probably our best bet (now
it's just a matter of contacting the right person). At one time we
were hopeful that Springfield High School would be willing to
host it, but the few dealings that I have had with the high school
have lead me to believe that they aren't interested in assisting us.

Now, don't get me wrong Jeff, I also think that having _some_
talk about current events is good, but I feel that there has been
too much time donated to what should have been a 20 minute
topic. As far as scheduling goes I can agree that we don't have
to be too strict about it, but my main issue is that I think we
should have two topics at each meeting one for the beginners
during the first half of the meeting and then presenting a more
advanced topic for the second half with a break in-between to
allow the beginners to escape before they have to suffer through
our highly technical geek-speak. I also think that the free stuff
should be given away at the half-way point, again to make sure
the beginners can get away before the advanced topic starts.
This will allow us to help out both beginning and advanced users
without alienating either group.

Your idea for the hands on tutorial is a great idea. Also, on the
plus side is that any presentation materials from this can go
on the web site for future reference (assuming the presenter
creates readable materials =).

Anyway, I've decided that if I keep babbling about this sooner
or later everyone is going to put in their two cents =). It's just
a matter of time now. Well, I gotta run,

Jason