Re: spam (was Re: Hi, this is for you !)

Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Kara Pritchard said:
> > Steven, I thought you nuked the spam capability of our list!@#!@#!@#
>
> Unfortunately, I can't make it impossible to send spam to the list
> without inconveniencing some people.  Basically all I can do is force
> people to post from the same address that they are subscribed to the
> list.  This will make life difficult for people who are subscribed at
> home, but occasionally post from work, or whatever.
>
> Is the occasional spam worth that convenience, or should I lock down
> the list?

I don't personally have a problem with subscribing a couple of additional
addresses, but then, I don't have a huge problem with the occasional spam
that gets posted either.  I'm gonna agree with Mark in that it's fine the
way it is unless the spam problem gets to be worse...

--Danny, looking into anti-spam measures for his personal mail...