Re: kppp problem

So, what is that consolehelper thing, and why is kppp a symlink to it?  How
did you upgrade to kde 1.1.2?  I'm gonna guess that you're running an evil
redhat - like system that changed stuff in some evil way (to make it easier
on the user through obfuscation), but that prolly doesn't help you much. :)

My suggestion is to go to http://devel-home.kde.org/~kppp/index.html,
download the newest kppp archive and follow the nice, easy compile +
install steps at the top of the page.  That will likely overwrite that
symlink with a real executable that I understand.  I like getting rid of
things I don't understand...

Anyway, by building it yourself, you get the most current version and we
can then be of more help, since it's clear what's going on.  The only
reason I can think of to keep the link-to-some-weird-program is if you know
what it is and why it's there.

--Danny, just kidding about the redhat thing ;)