Re: Xdm and chooser

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Mark Blunier wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Cloudmaster wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Mark Blunier wrote:
> > > Any ideas on why the desktop won't fire up if selected from
> > > a laptops chooser?
> >
> > It's not something silly like an xhost problem, is it?  Those often annoy me
> > when I'm setting up remote workstations - it should annoy everyone else to
> > be fair...
>
> I tried adding K7 to laptops host.allow, but it didn't make any
> difference.

Wouldn't host.equiv be the one to screw with?  You might also consider
looking at the xdm-config files on both machines, looking for something like
"DisplayManager*authorize: true" or some other obtuse crap in equally obtuse
files, such as Xaccess.  Consider looking at GiveConsole to see if
permissions are getting transferred over right, and maybe see if the problem
affects all users or if root's immune.  Xdm's the devil - Dogbert told me
so.

BTW, have you tried Mapp gas instead of propane?  It doesn't cost much more,
but it'll burn right through most anything that causes you problems... :)

--Danny, who burns stuff sometimes