Upcoming Demo Day

It's that time again! We're scheduled to host another Linux Demo Day. Last
Septembers was fun, and at least this month we have our plans set in stone
at couple weeks early ;)

We'll be at Springfield's Best Buy again on February 19th. The
'officially' planned date, by the Linux Demo Day people is Feb 17th, the
release of Win2000, but that's a weekday, and it would be hard for many of
you to participate. In addition, Best Buy typically holds their demo's
like us on Saturday.

So, let's chat. What times should we schedule for this time?

I think we should have the same machine layout as before, focusing on: the
eye grabbers (games), the office suites, a few distributions, some
graphics, etc like we did last time.

Best Buy's been really good about getting their Linux stock up, but I'm
talking with the software guy there to make sure he has adequate $29.99
packages, as that's what we sold them out of last time. I'm also going to
make sure he gets in the office suites, and try to get in some of the
games too. (If he doesn't we'll have to carry Hastings flyers for the
games or something).

- Kara

Kara Pritchard                        	Phone: 217-698-1694
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Linux Users of Central Illinois		kara@luci.org
LUG Project Manager - Linux.com		kara@linux.com