Re: pine.deb?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 02:03:07PM -0600, Mark Blunier wrote:

> Rumor has it, that converting to mutt is difficult in that mutt and
> pine have very dissimilar commands.  They say that once converted,
> mutt is great, but it takes a while to unlearn the pine commands
> and learn the mutt commands.  I tried to switch, but it wasn't
> obvious how to get things set up the way I liked, and gave up.
> If someone uses mutt, this would be a good demo subject for the
> meeting.

I use mutt, although I'm no expert.  I was never much of a pine user,
either.

Most of my setup is designed to be as MUA-agnostic as possible.  Right
now, I can switch between mutt, elm, Netscape Mail, and IMAP-based clients
like Outlook Express.  (Not that I'd want to, but that's another story.)
This involves making some choices others may not want to make, such as
foregoing a client's gee-whiz-bang auto-routing and folder management
in favor of something like procmail.

I think several people have requested an E-mail topic for a meeting.  I
could talk about:

 - the postfix MTA
 - mutt
 - using fetchmail
 - using procmail
 - IMAP vs. POP3
 - access from Windows

If this (or some subset) were not sufficient, someone else could talk about
some other issues (sendmail, mailing lists/majordomo, Web-mail, etc.)  Or
not.