Dual-Boot Workstation

I am setting up my workstation as a dual boot machine. Yesterday, I tried it
and hosed my whole machine. LILO wouldn't boot, it would become stuck at LI
and go no further. I have a few question. When I partition my drive should I
have a fat32, Linux native, Linux swap and also a separate boot partition or
keep the same one. Also, this workstation is in an NT network with a DHCP
server. When I used the graphical install in 6.1. There was never a question
about whether I should obtain a DHCP address form the server. Also, it never
asked to configure my network card. Any thoughts? I am a newbie and would
really like to have access to LINUX at work.

Thanks,

Joe