Re: Dual-Boot Workstation

Your best bet:

hda1: (20mb) /boot linuxnative
hda2: (?mb) dos fat32
hda3: (?mb) / linux native
hda4: (?mb)   linux swap

Setting DHCP, when your DHCP server is the same machine isn't going to
work. You'll have to set up a static address.

Have LILO install to the 1st sector of /boot. Make sure you have /dev/hda2
in you LILO configuration.

Yeah, that's changed. But I think that depends on if you use one of the
'automatic' installs in 6.1. I'm not sure. After you get it booted, simply
run 'netcfg' as root in X, and configure your network settings.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Joe wrote:

> I am setting up my workstation as a dual boot machine. Yesterday, I tried it
> and hosed my whole machine. LILO wouldn't boot, it would become stuck at LI
> and go no further. I have a few question. When I partition my drive should I
> have a fat32, Linux native, Linux swap and also a separate boot partition or
> keep the same one. Also, this workstation is in an NT network with a DHCP
> server. When I used the graphical install in 6.1. There was never a question
> about whether I should obtain a DHCP address form the server. Also, it never
> asked to configure my network card. Any thoughts? I am a newbie and would
> really like to have access to LINUX at work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe
>

> --

- Kara

Kara Pritchard                        	Phone: 217-698-1694
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Linux Users of Central Illinois		kara@luci.org
LUG Project Manager - Linux.com		kara@linux.com