Re: Connecting Linux workstation in NT environment

Firs off, make sure your NIC on the RH box is on the same vlan/network as
the NT server who is doing DHCP. If so, is it getting an address via that
dhcp? If so, there is a problem that i had when using my RH laptop on an
NT network via dhcp, in that the default route/router wasnt being
assigned.

I had to manually add that. That would only get you access past said
router. As far as connecting to the NT box, did you set up samba? As far
as the proxy server is configured, you dont actually route through it, you
use it to proxy web/ftp/whatever for you.

Tim Grossner
Network Engineer
GetronicsWang
voice - 217-747-7310