Re: SVGA? My etc/XF86Config

On 3 Feb 2000, Travis Davies wrote:
>>> I have a SVGA Diamond Stealth 2000 card.
>>> How can I get Linux to use it as SVGA instead of
>>> plain old vga?
>>
>> Give us a look at your /etc/XF86Config file.
>
> Here is the config file
> thanx in advanced

If you're in X, exit and restart it with:
startx -- -bpp 32

If that gives you 32-bit color, look for this section
toward the bottom of your XF86Config, add what I have
in brackets (you might want Modes at "800x600", but
you didn't ask about screen resolution).

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "svga"
    # Use Device "Generic VGA" for Standard VGA 320x200x256
    #Device      "Generic VGA"
    Device      "My Video Card"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
[   Subsection "Display"
        Depth       32
        Modes       "640x480" ]
    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       8
        # Omit the Modes line for the "Generic VGA" device
        Modes       "640x480"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection

Same thing/same place, in the accelerated servers section
at the very bottom.