Printing to a win98 printer through samba

I am sure someone on this list has done this, and I believe that there is
only a syntax error keeping me from doing this, so its my hope someone
here can point out the obvious to me :)

I have samba running on my workstation, and the win machine on the
workgroup sees my share within their nneighborhood. A printer directly
attached to the win machine has been shared with a password.

On my machine, I have, within my /etc/printcap:

laserjet:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/laser:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :if=/usr/local/samba/bin/smbprint:

I created /var/spool/lpd/laserjet:

cerberus:/var/spool/lpd/laser# ls -al .
total 3
drwxr-sr-x 2 lp lp 1024 Feb 12 05:47 .
drwxrwsr-x 8 lp lp 1024 Feb 12 05:47 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 lp lp   53 Feb 12 12:04 .config

My /var/spool/lpd/laser/.config file appears as:

server = Riptide
service = VEGAS
password = "twinkie"

I verified that my win machine has a netbios name of Riptide. The printer
is shared as VEGAS, and the password is set as twinkie.

I believe that I need to do some editing of my
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbprint file because it doesnt seem to be looking
for the config file within /var/spool/lpd/laser/, instead its looking
within the /usr/local/samba/bin/ directory. When I copy the .config from
the /var path to the /usr/local/samba/bin directory, I receive the error:

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbprint: server: command not found

Any ideas?

thanks - cjm