Re: Stumped pt2 more clarification

What are you using to connect? Look at your routing tables, do they look
right? Take a sneak peek at the netcfg tool, and maybe something will jump
out at you. Look at /var/log/messages when you try to connect, everything
look ok? You said you can ping, but can you use lynx to get to the site?

Just some random thoughts...

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Leon Jackson wrote:

> After more testing the only thing i can figure out is after the initial
> connection to the host is made my system forgets who it was talkin to.
> does that make any sense?
>

> At 06:23 PM 2/12/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >
> >whoops. yeah, sorry about that. i have been laid up with some wicked
> >intestinal infection the past two days. i didnt even read what i wrote :)
> >
> >________________________
> >Lunar Media Incorporated
> >what a wicked web we weave
> >http://www.lunarmedia.net
> >1 . 8 0 0 . 2 5 2 . 8 2 2 1
> >
> >On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Leon Jackson wrote:
> >

> >> are you reffering to ipchains or ipfwadm?
> >>  no i haven't set that up yet.
> >> I normally just do the install and try to get connected after that

> >web

> >response.

> >diffrent
> >before.

- Kara

Kara Pritchard                        	Phone: 217-698-1694
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Linux Users of Central Illinois		kara@luci.org
LUG Project Manager - Linux.com		kara@linux.com