Re: nt dialin to Linux w/ callback

Mark Blunier wrote:
> The easy answer would be to dump the NT box, but I am trying to
> connect an X session over a phone line.  I've tried using LBX, but
> the session was stil pathetically slow.  I tried using Graphons GoGlobal
> package, which provides X connectivity to an NT box, and its X
> display ran faster over the ppp connection than Hummingbirds X
> server did over the ethernet.  I was rather impressed.  Unfortunately,
> Graphon does not support the client end on the Linux side.  So
> unless someone can knows of some other way to export an X display
> using less bandwidth, I'm stuck with NT.

My knowledge of NT dialup would completely fill the empty set.  However,
for the x-ported X session, perhaps you could try something like using
VNC?  It works acceptabley for me in its stock form over a dial-up.  I've
been cosidering trying it over an SSh tunnel using compression, but I'm
fairly sure there's already one of a few possible types of compression
being used so it may not make a big difference.

--Danny, who likes VNC