Re: /usr/bin/mail

C MENZES wrote:

> I can't find /usr/bin/mail on debian. I also can't find a package from
> debian's website. Is it stuck within a package by another name?
> I have sendmail installed, but when I attempt to send any mail, mailq
> shows that all mail is being deferred.

Here's where it is on my rpm-based SuSE system - maybe that'll give you a
point in the right direction?

sauer@pyro:~ > rpm -qf /usr/bin/mail
mailx-8.1.1-61

and here are the other files from that package getting added to
http://www.cloudmaster.com/cloudmaster/mailx.tbz2, to get you even more
pointed in the right direction (you'll wanna "save as" that, since my
default content type is text/plain and I'm too lazy to fix it - even though
it would've taken less time to add a ".tbz2" content type that it would to
have typed this tremendous run-on sentence).

sauer@pyro:~ > tar cvIf ~/public_html/mailx.tbz2 `rpm -ql \`rpm -qf
/usr/bin/mail\``
tar: Removing leading `/' from absolute path names in the archive
bin/mail
etc/mail.rc
usr/bin/Mail
usr/bin/mail
usr/bin/mailx
usr/doc/packages/mail/COPYRIGHT
usr/doc/packages/mail/manual.ps.gz
usr/lib/mail.help
usr/lib/mail.tildehelp
usr/man/man1/Mail.1.gz
usr/man/man1/mail.1.gz
usr/man/man1/mailx.1.gz
sauer@pyro:~ > du -h ~/public_html/mailx.tbz2
97K     /home/sauer/public_html/mailx.tbz2

--Danny, who likes cut-n-paste :)