Linux in El Salvador

Greetings All,

I'm not sure if anyone read the article in Linux Today on Tuesday
(http://linuxtoday.com/stories/17478.html), but I think this is an
excellent opportunity for our LUG to stand out and make a difference
in the world-wide Linux community. I will be doing two things to
support Luis Huezo in his quest to bring free computing to the
people of El Salvador.

The first of those is I will be donating a number of my Linux books to
Luis. If anyone else has books that they aren't using anymore (or don't
like) please consider giving them to me to ship down to South America
to support this cause.

The second thing I will be doing is burning CDs and shipping those
down also. A person I know is going to let me use his equipment to
burn mass quantities of CDs (I think he said that 40-50 each night
wouldn't be a problem). However, as you all know the cost of CDs
(even as cheap as they have become) can be a bit much for one
person to handle. So if you're able to a cash donation to help buy a
bunch of CDs would be greatly appreciated (if I don't get any extra
help on this I'll probably ship about 50 by myself - however, I would
like to ship 500 CDs to Luis)

I will be paying for the shipping so don't worry about that, and if you
have any books or cash to donate bring them to the next 2600, Perl
Mongers or LUCI meetings. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jason Burke