Re: V3 through VMware

Cloudmaster wrote:

> Since the linux support isn't moving along real quick-like, I was wondering
> if any of you knew how likely it would be that I'd be able to use the video
> capture stuff on my V3-3500 under VMware running Win 98/NT?  I didn't see
> anything on VMware's site that said one way or another...
>
> --Danny, trying that out later
>
> --

I highly doubt it.  VMware doesn't access the hardware directly for very
many devices.  Everything goes through the Linux driver for the
devices.  For what it's worth, under Win98 the capture is rather
horrible.  I've never had it capture video with the sound synchronized
properly.  I suppose still captures wouldn't have that propblem. ;)