Re: XFree86 RPMS

Steven Pritchard wrote:

> cloudmaster said:
> > Aren't there rpms of 3.9.18 at linux.3dfx.com?  I thought there were...
>
> Yes, there are.  I haven't looked yet to see if they include drivers
> other than tdfx.
>
> There should be rpms of 4.0 available sometime in the relatively near
> future...  If nobody else builds them, I may have to.  :-)
>
> Steve

I found a 3.9.18 source rpm on rpmfind.net's database.  I was able to
tweak that minimally, add in the patches to 4.0 and build.  I put some
brief instructions on my web page, jcorey.org, with the .spec.  XF4 is
pretty nice so far.  Maybe tomorrow I'll drop in another video card and
give that xinerma a whirl.  First, I'll try and find any instructions on
it. :)