Re: migrating from i586 to ix86?

One time I moved windows 98 to a different motherboard and it died, maybe
that's where the confusion started?  Charles: you shouldn't have a problem
if you're staying with the same family of processors, but like Kara said,
moving from x86 to PPC or alpha will need new binaries (although config
files shoudl generally be transferrable).  Then again, I've been known to
just pull believable things from my arse before and post them as fact
without verifying them, so beware... :)

--Danny