Good C books

I've spoken with a number of people at recent meetings about C programming
books I've liked. Here is the important information for ordering them:

Expert C Programming Deep C Secrets
Peter Van Der Linden
Sunsoft Press
Prentice Hall title
ISBN 0-13-177429-8

Beginning Linux Programming
Richard Stones and Neil Matthew
Wronx Press
ISBN 1-861002-97-1

These are both available at fatbrain.com.

A side note, _Beginning..._ has a fairly good chapter on Perl. It was
reviewed on slashdot althoug I am too lazy to look up a URL. _Expert..._
was written in 1994, so it was a little too early for slashdot.

The information in it is not dated as C has changed very little in the
elapsed time (although the author's refrenced to GNU are amusing). The
only bad thing I can say about it is that the author is a Sun programmmer
and is a bit sun centrec. _Beginning..._ is lengthy (but terse) weighing
in at 900+ pages and the authors most assurdly could use some humor in
their lives so I would not attempt a reading without plenty of Java(tm).

All in all, both are excellent books and have helped me greatly. One last
note, nether are primers to C, they both assume (if even a little)  prior
knowledge of the language.

Jordan Bettis.
Who feels Mr. Sandman pulling at his little lids.