Re: Command Performance.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Tesla Coil wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Cloudmaster wrote:
> > or is just my "installed voodoo3 rpms under 6.2 then
> > upgraded to 6.3 followed by 6.4 days later" system
> > that does?  Netscape won't work if I connect to a
> > roaming access server with my 6.4 setup...  It's odd.
> > I assume it's my screwy X, but sometimes I'm wrong.
>
> There's commands "Netscape" and "netscape".  The first
> is to a wrapper.  Not certain consequences of the second
> --if there are any, easy enough to dial the wrong number.

<trys to start with roaming access enabled>

sauer@pyro:~ > Netscape
Bus error
sauer@pyro:~ > netscape
Bus error
sauer@pyro:~ > communicator
Bus error

<disables roaming access...>

Nope.  I figured as much, but thought it was worth a try.  I thought the
wrapper(s) just roamed around, looking for each possible browser that ships
with SuSE, starting the first one it found.  Looking at "Netscape", I guess
that one does all kinds of library pre-loading and environment setup.  Huh,
that's neat.

Anyway...

--Danny