waking up remote console

I've got a machine with a monitor hooked up but no keyboard.  It's running
nsc.pl to display netsaint stuff on the console (and netsaint itself), if
you must know.  Anyway, it uses a PS/2 keyboard, and thus won't recognize it
when plugged in.  The display went into blank mode, and I can't figure out
how to wake it up...  Is there a way for root to change the "setterm" stuff
for /dev/console or whatever terminal it's on (tty1, I guess, since I don't
recall changing from teh one it booted into)?  setterm itself doesn't appear
to give any way to specify the console, and I haven't found anything else...

BTW, http://www.goth.dk/~goth/nsc/ is a neat-o little addon for netsaint
(which is pretty neat in and of itself), for those looking for cool ways to
monitor services on a bunch of machines.

Anyway, thanks for any help.
--Danny (still looking for a job within driving distance of Jacksonville)