Re: dns refresh

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Charles Menzes wrote:
> i recently made a change in my dns zone files that is seeming to take an
> eternity to refresh in nameservers.
> i set my refresh to a very low setting. Should the expire or ttl have to
> do with a more rapid update?

Yes.  ttl is what you want to decrease for more frequent updates from your
master server.  However, remote DNS's will not cache the data as long
(obviously), resulting in more hits on your master.

expire tels how long a secondary server can go without contacting a master
server (in seconds) before it will expire its data and stop responding for
that domain.  Thus, it's not what you want.

--Danny