Re: Linux Journal

Heh, I thought perhaps you would have commented on the article just a few
pages later. The one written by Steven Pritchard :-)

</plug>

Anyhow, certification is growing. I don't know about the RHCE, but several
companies are starting to say 'LPI certification helpful' or preferred,
and stuff like that.

I never really paid much attn to want ads by employers really, but I think
that being Linux certified says as much, or if not more than microsoft.
You don't see it as often, and in the Linux market, proof that you're
'hard core' is always a plus. Such a self investment is proof of that.

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Cloudmaster wrote:

> So, after reading another review of Kara's book (in this month's linux
> journal - the one with the naked-guy-supplement), I'm forced to ask about
> linux certification again.  Do any of the cert's carry any noticable weight
> yet?  Have any of you run across jobs that were actually looking for any
> given linux certification?
>
> Eh, whatever.  Maybe I'll go buy her book tonight anyway.  I need some more
> weight on my bookshelf. :)

Heh. Well maybe someday the 2nd edition will come out :P

- Kara

Kara Pritchard, RHCE			Phone: 618-398-7360
Linux Users of Central Illinois		kara@luci.org
Asst Dir for Program Development	kara@lpi.org
LUG Project Manager - Linux.com		kara@linux.com