Dead monitor help (Was: [CLUG] Matrox G200 MMS)

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Charles Menzes wrote:

> Anyone running XFree 4?
>
> I am trying to get to the point where I can use multiple monitors, and it
> appears that 3.3.6 doesnt support this.

I did try XF4.0 on my workstations last night.  Uhm, my monitor is dead!

I had an AGP Vodoo Banshee and a PCI Virge/DX (?), whith a 17" CTX on
Banshee and 14" on Virge.  Plan was to use the PCI for console and Banshee
for X.

I ran XFree86 -configure couple of times and at some point my CTX monitor
died along with a frozen system (doing an infinite beep) :)

Right now the display is really light and has solid horizontal white lines
across the screen angled such that the left end of the line is about 1-2"
lower then the right.

Any ideas?

/Simon