Re: snmp libraries

Jeff Licquia wrote:
> On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 11:16:09AM -0500, Tim Grossner wrote:
>
> > make sure that path is in /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> If /usr/lib isn't in ld.so.conf, I suspect there would be lots more
> problems than just SNMP.

Isn't that one of the directories it checks regardless of /etc/ld.so.conf?

from "man ldconfig"
------
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache (for use by the  run-time
linker, ld.so)  to  the most recent shared libraries found in the
directories specified on the  command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf,
and in the trusted directories (/usr/lib  and  /lib).
------

I thought so...  That's one of the spots on my bootfloppy that I save a
little bit - no ld.so.conf to take up space if you put everything in /lib.
:)
--Danny