LDAP

So, since I guess someone talked about LDAP stuff at a meeting once, I'm
sure everyone knows where I can find out what the heck I need to to to
maintain an LDAP-based system database system, right?

I'd like to know if anyone has a decent link to setting up and *maintaining*
LDAP authentication and hosts/groups/protocols/services/aliases/etc.  I've
managed to get NSS-LDAP and PAM-LDAP working (those sure are LOUD acronyms,
eh?), but I can't find a darned thing that explains in reasonable terms how
I can add new users or modify services.  Using some of the LDAP tools like
kldap or what have you I can modify stuff, but nothing else.

For example, I want users to be able to change their password.  Does using
NSS-LDAP make normal "passwd" work?  For NIS-based stuff doesn't yppasswd
need to be used, so then wouldn't there be an ldappasswd or something like
that needed for LDAP auths?  That's my big question...  I also would like to
figure out how to add users, or how to generate those ldif files or whatever
they're called so I can stick a whole batch of users in at once...

So, anyway, since everyone else managed to make it to the ,eeting where this
was undoutably discussed in great depth and thus, all of you are experts
now, I'd appreciate it if you'd share your illumination with me - or at
least an illuminating link or 2. :)

--Danny, who needs to learn more about LDAP basics too...