Re: kernel panic

yeah, i know that trick, and its usually a part of my normal routine,
so i won't get into the details of why it didnt happen on this occasion.

i am still really in the need of figuring out a way to boot, and get a
workable kernel into my /boot. using what was suggested before, typing
"linux root=/dev/hda1" still boots into the new install routine, which is
not what i would like.

if anything, i was hoping that i could copy the kernel from a boot disk
onto my hard drive, then reboot off of this kernel. recompile using my
existing source files off the hard drive, and build a kernel that won't
experience kernel panic, and will include the features i had before this
ill-begotten kernel came along.

cjm