RE: GNOME 1.2

Both Gnome and KDE have a panel, and you're completely
right about Gnome, however the Gnome crew (Miguel and
company) have started to build some base functionality
and productivity apps for Gnome and they have formed into
a new company called Helix (or is that Helix Code? Can't
remember =). Anyway, now Gnome is trying to become
the defacto productivity desktop package, and so far just
about everything from them looks cool (atleast to me =).

Just my 2 pennies,

Jason