Re: GNOME 1.2

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 04:44:41PM -0500, Danny Sauer wrote:
[...]
> So far I'm real impressed with helix gnome's setup, but a little dissapointed
> with the installer on SuSE.  But I'm used to installs not working right
> with SuSE. :)  I'd bet if I was using turbolinux (the rpm's that the
> helix-installer installed on my SuSE 6.4) or redhat (shudder) or even
> debian it would've been a little smoother, and I'd be happier.
[...]

OK, while I was looking around, I discovered that there *are* SuSE RPM's
that, in addition to installing in the correct place, *also* have the right
names.  So, "bad helix installer" for grabbing the wrong darned packages
and generally misdetecting my OS (eh, I was gonna reinstall on that machine
soon anyway), but "good helix" for actually having correct packages 'n
paths for my OS.

Now if I can just figure out how to get the installer to correctly recognize
my OS... :)

--Danny, still impressed with helix-gnome, just more so