Re: Bounce email

Leon Jackson wrote:

> Here's something that just popped into my head from nowhere.
> Is it possible to make it look like an email bounced after it's already
> been delivered to you.
> My reason for this is I don't ever reply to spam but just add a filter. I
> figure though if and email gets bounced as undeliverable my email might be
> removed from the spammers list.
> Is this idea a pipe full of crack or is it possible to do this.
>
> Leon

That assumes the spammers put legitimate addresses in their from line or
in the body (though most use anon web mail addresses like yahoo,
hotmail, etc).  There was that article on Slashdot a few days back of an
alledge cracking into some spammers' Windows computers.  This spam
company sent millions of emails every week and didn't put legitimate
addresses in their From lines.