Re: PAM restrictions

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 03:50:48PM -0500, Charles Menzes wrote:
> How does PAM enforce users to use passwords with a minimum n number of
> characters? More importantly, how can this be disabled?

after checking, it appears that the "password too short" mesage is in
pam_ldap on my system, prolly in pam_unix/pam_pwdb on yours.

Looking at pam_ldap's source, the default passwd length is 6, and it's
getting the settings from a search for objectclass=passwordPolicy, with
an integer value for the "passwordMinLength" attribute.

I don't seem to have the source for the pam_unix/pam_pwdb stuff, and I
don't know off the top of my head.  Jeff appears to, though. :)

--Danny