Re: DLINK Eth card

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 08:42:28AM -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Charles Menzes said:
> > anyone experienced problems with dlink cards. i have one now in a server
> > that just seems to forget the eth card is there after about 5 days.
>
> D-Link makes a lot of network cards.  Some are tulip-based.  Others
> are RTL8139-based.

BTW, the RTL-8139 cards don't seem to be terribly nice.  I used them when
I first converted to 100Mb switched in my apt.  They were the source of
several instability problems under moderate to high network loads.  They're
cheap initially, but more expensive when you have the hassle of crashes
(good heavens) and buying a new *good* NIC to replace it...

Just my little rant.

--Danny, who uses mostly intel cards now