Re: Applixware 5.0

Robert Threet said:
> One of my colleages brought back Applixware Office 5.0
> from the InterOp/Comdex in Toronto.  I've always like
> Applixware but it isn't always as good at translating
> Word and Excel as WordPerfect or Star Office.  The
> latest version is much improved.  Nicely polished.
> And, as usual, it's really fast.

They've been carrying Applix 5 at Best Buy for a while now.  I keep
thinking about picking it up...  It's all GTK-based now, and
apparently even has some GNOME integration (if you are into that sort
of thing).  It does look quite slick.

BTW, in my experience, Applix actually does a better job of reading M$
documents than StarOffice, at the very least.  (I haven't used WP
enough to know how it does...)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month