Re: Quick Cams

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 07:55:57AM -0500, shamrock@mtco.com wrote:
> Circuit City has a $99 Logitech Quick Cam on sale for $30 after the glut of rebates this week.  It is a USB Quick Cam.

Do not buy a Logitech camera.  Logitech is evil, in that they will not release
specs for friendly Linux folk to develop drivers.  What you want is one of
the CPIA-based cameras for the best support (IMHO).  I've used Zoom's camera,
and it works pretty well (CPIA-based).

Check out http://linux-usb.org, which should get you pointed in the right
direction for USB stuff in general.  The hardware list is at
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/ right now - it's reasonably complete... :)

--Danny, who needs to start up his linux/USB webcam again...