Re: Meeting this week

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Tim said:
> > Is there a topic that will be discussed at the next meeting?
>
> Of course!
>
> I don't know what it is, but there will be a topic.  ;-)
>
> (Suggestions welcome.)

How about XML? I keep hearing about it, but I don't really understand
it. Is it like Microsoft's stupid 'SOAP' thing? Where other data is
transported over HTTP? IMHO, that seems completely pointless. The point of
TCP/IP is to provide a data-independent transport layer, if you create
another over HTTP, then it's TCP/IP over HTTP over TCP/IP.

Bruce Schneider tore into SOAP a bit ago. He disapproved for obvious
reasons.

Jordan Bettis.
 "[the Word] Piracy: A wonderful piece of propaganda." -- Richard Stallman